International Journal of Strategic Business Alliances
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Mosad Zineldin
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSBA considers inter-firm partnerships as an alternative and effective strategic option for gaining and sustaining competitive advantage. It focuses on inter-firm collaboration in a variety of forms in various industries in both national and international environments. It promotes our understanding patterns and strategies of such ventures in the competitive global marketplace. Thus, IJSBA provides a platform for generation, critiques, and discussions of knowledge on the formations and implementations of strategic alliances between firms.
Topics covered include
- Joint venture strategies, management and related issues
- Franchising strategies, management and related issues
- Licensing strategies, practices and related issues
- Network relationships and structures
- Supplier relationships and related issues
- Outsourcing and subcontracting arrangements and related issues
- Strategic alliances in different sectors and industries
- Engaging cases of strategic alliances
- Business collaboration in various functional areas
- Key success and key failure factors
- Comparative studies
- Cross-cultural studies, psychology, cultures
- Co-opetition, co-operation and competition
- Business relationships, alliances, interactions and networks ("BRAIN")
- Global business, management, marketing
IJSBA aims to foster the creation and dissemination of knowledge on strategic business alliances from various perspectives including economic, organizational, and strategic management. It strives to establish an effective channel of communication between researchers, managers, consultants, policy makers, and others concerned individuals and institutions with the complex role of strategic alliances in business competition. It also intends to promote and exchange theoretical developments, research findings, and practices in the field of interfirm partnerships. The international dimension is emphasized to comprehend worldwide practices and cross cultural differences among nations and to learn from increasing use of such collaborative ventures in the global economy.
IJSBA provides a vehicle to help students of strategic alliances including academics, managers, consultants, and policy makers to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSBA publishes original conceptual and research papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, management reports, book reviews, research notes, and commentaries. It will occasionally come out with special Issues devoted to important topics concerning strategic business alliances.
Editor in Chief
- Zineldin, Mosad, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Geringer, J. Michael, Ohio University, USA
- Joshi, Manoj, Amity University, India
- Zhuang, Enping, Shanghai University, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Srivastava, Shirish C., HEC Paris, France
Editorial Board Members
- Amsteus, Martin, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Cavusgil, S. Tamer, Georgia State University, USA
- Dagnino, Giovanni Battista, University of Catania, Italy
- Das, T. K., City University of New York, USA
- David, Parthiban, American University , USA
- El-Sahn, Mohamed Farid, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Fujimoto, Hisao, Osaka University of Economics, Japan
- Glaister, Keith, University of Warwick, UK
- Gugler, Philippe, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Gupta, Vishal K., University of Alabama, USA
- Ho, Samuel K.M., Asia Pacific Business Excellence Standards (APBEST) Academy, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Hyder, Akmal S., Univeristy of G盲vle, Sweden
- Johanson, Jan, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Kaynak, Erdener, The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, USA
- Kharlamova, Ganna, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- Li, Yu, Qilu University of Techonology, China
- Luvison, Dave, DeVry University, USA
- Ossman, Said Abd Elaziz, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Phatak, Arvind, Temple University, USA
- Rasheed, Abdul A., University Texas at Arlington, USA
- Rice, John, Griffith University, Australia
- Royer, Susanne, University of Flensburg, Germany
- Sato, Yoshinobu, Kwansei Gakuin University , Japan
- Sharma, Rajiv Kumar, National Institue of Technology, India
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Sladkowski, Alexander, Silesian University of Technology, Poland , Poland
- Soliman, Fawzy, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Songbai, Liu, Beijing Normal University, China
- Visioni, Laura, Vantage Partners, USA
- Yeung, Shirley Mo-Ching, Gratia Christian College, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.